I ran into my neighbor at the train station the other morning and she said “ugh, don’t look at me, I ate a bunch of snacks last night and and now I’m all puffy” Me: “I feel your pain sister”.
Between the salty snacks and all the carboliscous treats thrust upon us in Winter, tis the season for puffiness.
It’s not right, it’s not fair, but sometimes puffiness happens to good people…
Here are a few ideas to try if you ate too many snacks and find yourself in a puffy situation:
1) Use a WARM washcloth to wash your face and then splash your face with cool water.
2) Apply a cold compress like a bag of peas to your face for a few minutes
3) Walk it off – if you can fit in a whole work out great. If you can’t well try and go for a brisk 15 minute walk, getting the blood flowing will help with the puffiness which should just gradually disapate over the course of the day.
4) Use a really good de-puffer like Clinique’s All About The Eye’s Depuffing Serum and then follow with a good under eye moisturizer like Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. I am also trying out Clinique’s new Pep Start which is a combo of a eye depuffer and a moisturizer. So far the results are promising!
5) Makeup – the natural urge is to try and cover the puffiness up. Don’t do it. Try to go with light and glowy.
That’s all folks. Go forth and fight the puffy!